The 67th Annual Tony Awards will be broadcast TONIGHT on CBS in a live three-hour ceremony (8:00-11:00 PM, live ET/delayed PT) direct from Radio City Music Hall.
Neil Patrick Harris, star of the CBS comedy “How I Met Your Mother,” returns as host. This will be his fourth time hosting the Tony Awards. He has also served as the host of the 63rd, 65th, and 66th Annual Tony Awards.
Play along with the Tony Bingo game!
The awards will feature appearances by the casts of the Tony Award-nominated musicals A Christmas Story, The Musical; Annie; Bring It On: The Musical; Rodgers + Hammerstein’s Cinderella; Kinky Boots; Matilda The Musical; Motown The Musical; and Pippin.
As a bonus, there will be additional appearances by the casts of the currently running Broadway musicals Chicago; Jersey Boys; Newsies; Once; Mamma Mia!; Rock of Ages; Spider-Man Turn Off the Dark; The Lion King; and The Phantom of the Opera.
The star-studded evening includes the following celebs who will be presenting various awards: Tom Hanks, Jake Gyllenhaal, Scarlett Johansson, Sigourney Weaver, Anna Kendrick, Zachary Quinto, Sally Field, Audra McDonald, Cyndi Lauper, Jane Krakowski, Alan Cumming, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Jon Cryer, Megan Hilty, Andrew Rannells, Matthew Morrison, Cuba Gooding Jr, Jesse Eisenberg, Laura Benanti, Steven Van Zandt, Martha Plimpton, Hal Prince, Andrew Lloyd Webber, Barrett Foa, and Mike Tyson.
The Tony Awards are presented by The Broadway League and the American Theatre Wing.
In case you need a refresher, here is a complete list of nominees…winners are bolded:
- Bring It On: The Musical
- A Christmas Story, The Musical
- Kinky Boots
- Matilda The Musical
- The Assembled Parties. Author: Richard Greenberg
- Lucky Guy. Author: Nora Ephron
- The Testament of Mary. Author: Colm Toíbín
- Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike. Author: Christopher Durang
Best Revival of a Musical
- The Mystery of Edwin Drood
- Rodgers + Hammerstein’s Cinderella
Best Revival of a Play
- Golden Boy
- The Trip to Bountiful
- Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?
Best Book of a Musical
- A Christmas Story, The Musical. Joseph Robinette
- Kinky Boots. Harvey Fierstein
- Matilda The Musical. Dennis Kelly
- Rodgers + Hammerstein’s Cinderella. Douglas Carter Beane
Best Original Score (Music and/or Lyrics) Written for the Theatre
- A Christmas Story, The Musical. Music and Lyrics: Benj Pasek and Justin Paul
- Hands on a Hardbody. Music: Trey Anastasio and Amanda Green. Lyrics: Amanda Green
- Kinky Boots. Music & Lyrics: Cyndi Lauper
- Matilda The Musical. Music & Lyrics: Tim Minchin
Check out the latest updates on Wicked musical tickets.
Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role in a Play
- Tom Hanks, Lucky Guy
- Nathan Lane, The Nance
- Tracy Letts, Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?
- David Hyde Pierce, Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike
- Tom Sturridge, Orphans
Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role in a Play
- Laurie Metcalf, The Other Place
- Amy Morton, Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?
- Kristine Nielsen, Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike
- Holland Taylor, Ann
- Cicely Tyson, The Trip to Bountiful
Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role in a Musical
- Bertie Carvel, Matilda The Musical
- Santino Fontana, Rodgers + Hammerstein’s Cinderella
- Rob McClure, Chaplin
- Billy Porter, Kinky Boots
- Stark Sands, Kinky Boots
Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role in a Musical
- Stephanie J. Block, The Mystery of Edwin Drood
- Carolee Carmello, Scandalous
- Valisia LeKae, Motown The Musical
- Patina Miller, Pippin
- Laura Osnes, Rodgers + Hammerstein’s Cinderella
Best Performance by an Actress in a Featured Role in a Play
- Carrie Coon, Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?
- Shalita Grant, Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike
- Judith Ivey, The Heiress
- Judith Light, The Assembled Parties
- Condola Rashad, The Trip to Bountiful
Recipients of Awards and Honors in Non-competitive Categories
Special Tony Award for Lifetime Achievement in the Theatre
- Bernard Gersten
- Paul Libin
- Ming Cho Lee
Regional Theatre Award: Huntington Theatre Company, Boston, MA
- Isabelle Stevenson Award
- Larry Kramer
Tony Honor for Excellence in the Theatre: Career Transition For Dancers
- William Craver
- Peter Lawrence
- The Lost Colony
The four actresses who created the title role of Matilda The Musical on Broadway – Sophia Gennusa, Oona Laurence, Bailey Ryon and Milly Shapiro.